Many people choose to put their loved one’s remains in an urn after a cremation in Denver, CO. While there are plenty of classic urns to choose from, there are also more unique options that can help your loved one be remembered in a special way. Use this list for inspiration:
- Holiday Ornaments – A holiday ornament urn is basically just a mini urn that can hang on a Christmas tree. The ornament is too small to hold all the cremated remains, so it’s a good opportunity to make several ornaments for all the family to have.
- Plant Pot – You can easily add ashes to an existing planter to act as fertilizer for any kind of plant, be it a young tree, bush or flower. Mix the ashes in with the soil and as the plant grows it will draw nutrients from the ashes to grow big and beautiful.
- Memorial Jewelry – It can be very comforting after a losing a loved one to keep the ashes close. Memorial jewelry allows you to do just that. Create any kind of jewelry piece from a pendant to a ring with the ashes. The pieces can be made from stainless steel, platinum, bronze, or many other kinds of metals.
- Hollowed Books – Hollowed out books aren’t just for hiding secrets or stolen money like in the movies. You can order a custom-made false book or hollow out the deceased’s favorite yourself using a knife and a bit of elbow-grease. Place the ashes inside in a bag and seal the book with glue.
- Musical Instruments – You can choose almost any kind of instrument, carve out a hollow, and seal some of the cremated remains inside. Brass instruments, guitars and basses are best suited.
- Coffee Cans – Use an empty coffee can from the deceased’s favorite brand. This could also work with a tea can or box.
- Tackle Box – Fishing-lovers only need apply. If the deceased loved fishing, commemorate him or her in a sealed tackle box. Be sure to keep it in a safe place, but don’t forget to bring it out on the water with you the next time you go.
- Wind Chimes – Think of your lost loved one every time the wind blows. Order a custom wind chime urn online and hang it on a porch, in a yard, or in a window. You can even choose what kind of chime you want, like an alto or soprano.
- Stuffed Animals – Stuffed animal urns are most commonly made for children that have passed away. The stuffed animal is cut in a small opening, the bagged ashes are placed inside, and the animal is resewn.
- Beer Growler – Perfect for deceased beer lovers, beer growler urns can be custom ordered from most craft breweries. In some instances, you can order a growler with the label listing the deceased’s name.
These are just a few ideas to get you started thinking about a creative urn for after a Denver, CO cremation. Want to learn more? CremateSimply is here to help. Visit or call us today for more information on what we can do for you in your time of loss.